The Stuff of Life: Profiles of the Molecules That Make Us Tick
By: Eric P. Widmaier
Length: 152 pages
Release date: Jan 1, 1979
1. SIGN UP
2. Find and Download this book FREE
In The Stuff of Life , Eric P. Widmaier deconstructs the fundamental processes of the human body and focuses on those vital biological substances that aren't particularly well understood. By examining the blueprints that dictate what we are, Widmaier answers questions, including:
- Why are some fats worse than others?
- Is cholesterol actually good for anything?
- How does the stomach digest food?
- Why do we need to breathe and why can't we hold our breath for very long?
- How does a single carbon atom contribute to the difference between a man and a woman?
- Where does our energy come from?
The Stuff of Life answers these and many more common questions about how the body works in a concise, easy-to-read handbook complete with illustrations.