Quality Caring in Nursing
1. SIGN UP
2. Find and Download this book FREE
Winner of an AJN Book of the Year Award for 2009!
"[This] book offers a coherent, theoretical, and research-guided framework for quality nursing caring in practice, education, and leadership; a foundational, timeless, yet transformative framework of substance ."
Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN
College of Nursing, University of Colorado, Denver
Dedicated time spent with patients and families in clinical settings is often limited, rushed, and impersonal. How can nurses develop more positive, caring relationships with their patients, and help to improve the quality of patient care at large?
This book addresses this critical question by presenting Joanne R. Duffy's Quality-Caring Model -the result of 35 years of clinical experience and educational acumen. This values-based model will bring caring back into the foreground of nursing practice by providing revised curricula for educational programs, and outlining the core caring principles for nurse administrators.
- Establishes "Relationship-Centered Caring," with discussions on how to care for the self, patients and families, each other, and communities
- Offers multiple case examples, and includes reflective questions and applications for use in educational programs, workshops, conferences, and clinical practice
- Demonstrates how the Quality-Caring Model can be implemented in clinical practice, nursing education, research, and nursing leadership settings
- Includes appendices that discuss how caring can improve patient safety, outline course objectives, and explain how to assess and measure caring in your facility
Written in clear, accessible language, this book will be an invaluable resource to nursing students, nursing scholars, clinical nurses, nurse educators, nurse researchers, and nurse leaders. Duffy's approach will help create a redesigned patient care delivery system focused on the primacy of caring relationships.