An EMDR Primer
1. SIGN UP
2. Find and Download this book FREE
"Hensley has written a book that is simple, basic, and can mentor therapists who are EMDR trained and yet intimidated. It is the perfect complement to Dr. Shapiro's text."
-Jennifer Lendl, PhD
Co-author, EMDR Performance Enhancement for the Workplace
EMDRIA Conference Committee
(From the Foreword)
"The examples, cases, tables, and diagrams....aid and assist EMDR clinicians in understanding and developing further expertise in this marvelous method."
-Irene B. Giessl, EdD
Co-owner of the Cincinnati Trauma Connection
This primer is intended for use as a companion to Francine Shapiro's original text. It serves as a comprehensive review of the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model and EMDR principles, protocols, and procedures both for those newly trained in EMDR and for experienced clinicians who want to review the principles.
With this primer, clinicians can augment their understanding, expand their knowledge, and sharpen current EMDR skills.
- A straightforward overview of EMDR that reviews the Adaptive Information Processing model and the three-pronged approach in accessible, conversational language
- A summary of the basics of the eight phases of EMDR with examples of each phase so that core content can be easily grasped
- Strategies and techniques for dealing with challenging clients, high levels of distressing emotions, and blocked processing
- Case histories, dialogues, and transcripts of successful EMDR sessions with explanations of treatment rationale